The Millwright will work as part of the maintenance team providing quality operational repairs and preventative maintenance services. As a member of this high-performance team, you will be responsible for the maintenance of all mill machinery within the mill environment, along with other mechanical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installation, rebuilding, maintenance, and preventative maintenance of all production equipment
• Maintain and repair pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings, and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
• Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate, and perform routine preventative maintenance work on all machinery within the mill environment
• Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery
• Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
• Follow preventative maintenance procedures in the inspection, repair and/or replacement of items
• Perform corrective maintenance per the current maintenance program
• Comply with parts and materials acquisition procedures
• Assist mechanics and electricians when necessary
• Participate in shop clean up duties
• Perform all additional duties assigned by supervisor Safety
• Operate in a safe manner in accordance to work safe rules, regulations, and policies
• Recognize and eliminate all safety hazard Operational
• Acquire a working knowledge of all monitoring and diagnostic equipment
• Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
• Support and explore innovative ideas that further the organization’s strategic plan
Education and/or Experience
• Have a high school diploma or GED
• Hydraulic systems troubleshooting experience
• Knowledge of lumber manufacturing processes and equipment
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Be mechanically inclined.
• Complete or be engaged in welding.